Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Demand is Arising...

I'm presently in the UK visiting with our EMEA operation. I try to spend at least a quarter of my year out of HQ and London is always a favorite place to come to. (The timing has nothing to do with the Ashes cricket series being on either!) :)

Our business in the Europe is growing substantially at the moment and I always find it interesting when I travel to compare the drivers behind takeup of our marketing software from one country to the next.

I'm certain that there has been an uptick in recent months in UK companies starting to look more deeply at systemisation initatives for marketing. In talking to our clients and prospects there seems to be a gradual increase in confidence each month. Companies that have done their down-sizing are now starting to look outward and are realising that if they are to sieze growth opportunities they will be increasing marketing effort BUT they have less resources to do this. Its a classic productivity problem of course, and the solution is to automate and eliminate waste and unnecessary process friction. The answer is defintely not to just do what you were doing before you downsized!

Despite the recession, Orbis just completed an amazing full financial year ( to the end of June 09), with a 64% year on year growth, and its our expectation that growth will continue at high rates in our market. I think this is because our solutions deliver fast returns, whether a client needs to quickly and directly eliminate costs or has a bigger strategic vision for more efficient and effective marketing.

The exceptional efforts of Paypal, an Orbis client in the UK, is a great example of how a progressive marketing team has implemented a solution really quickly and started reaping rewards literally within days of taking up the solution. You can read the interview-style case study here: http://www.orbisglobal.com/Content_Common/pg-PayPal-Case-Study.seo.

I know I'm biased but I think its one of the coolest success stories I've read in the software game for a while!

Yours in fast returns,

Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment